WCSS Purpose Statement
To ensure a quality education for all students leading to graduation and productive citizenship.
WCSS Direction Statements
- Our vision for Worth County Schools is for our graduation rate to reach 80% or above, and for students to meet or exceed established accountability measures.
- We will achieve this vision by providing high expectations, a relevant and rigorous curriculum, data driven standards-based instructional practices, appropriate interventions, and celebrations of success as we move forward.
- As a result of our success we will attract and retain high quality teachers, provide a foundation for community economic growth, and prepare graduates for post-secondary success.
- All students can learn and are unique learners;
- Education is a shared responsibility of the student, home, school, and community
- Schools should maintain a safe and structured learning environment;
- All students should meet or exceed educational standards provided by a rigorous and relevant curriculum;
- All decisions should be driven by accurate and relevant data;
- College and career readiness activities prepare students for the future workforce;
- Students engaged in co-and extra-curricular activities perform better;
- Readily accessible technology resources improve teaching and learning;
- The system should employ and retain highly qualified personnel who demonstrate a high degree of professionalism;
- Job embedded professional learning results in improved instruction and increased student achievement;
- Prompt and regular attendance by all leads to improved performance;
- Effective and open communication is essential for the achievement of educational goals.