MR. ALTOUVAS SPANISH I /II DISCIPLINE PLAN
Welcome to Spanish. This is a college preparatory class at Worth County High School. I will expect that each student acts in a manner reflective of his or her choice to participate in such an ambitious curriculum. A strong work ethic will be required in order to pass this class. Please be prepared to commit to at least 10 hours a week studying at home. I will not tolerate any disturbance or bad attitude in my classroom.
You will be expected to follow all the rules outlined in your WCHS Handbook. Failure to do so will result in the application of the 3 step discipline plan.
First offense: Verbal Warning
Second offense: Parental Contact
Third offense: Referral to the Administration
The following will result in immediate referral to the administration:
- Possession of a cellular phone, camera, or any other electronic device. (This will also result in the device being given to the administrator)
- Profanity in any language is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- Grooming in the classroom is prohibited. This includes brushing or combing hair or applying make-up.
- Skipping class (You will be considered skipping if you are out of class more than 20 minutes unless your absence is excused)
- Acts of disrespect or confrontational behavior against the teaching staff or other students.
- Cheating on any given assignment, which will also result in a zero for that assignment.
- Talking during a Test, Quiz, or other graded assignment will also be considered cheating and result in a zero and a referral.
- Degrading school property (writing on desks, putting chewing gum under the desk, destruction of books or property, or stealing from the classroom.
- Chewing gum is NOT allowed in my classroom.
Changes in school policy will now limit the amount of time each student will be allowed to be out of class for any given reason. Please try to take care of your personal business before or after class.
Any student who goes to ISS at any time during the semester will be required to take the final exam regardless of their average.
Please have a good understanding of the above and feel free to discuss with me any concern you may have regarding the policies of the school or my classroom.