WORTH COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
PURPOSE, DIRECTION & BELIEFS
To ensure a quality education for all students leading to graduation and productive citizenship.
- Our direction for the Worth County School District is for our graduation rate to reach the state target of 84% or above by 2018 (with incremental targets of 80% in 2016 and 82% in 2017) and for students to meet or exceed established accountability measures.
- We will achieve this direction by providing high expectations, a relevant and rigorous curriculum, data driven standards-based instructional practices, appropriate interventions, and celebrations of success as we move forward.
- As a result of our success we will attract and retain quality teachers, provide a foundation for community economic growth, and prepare graduates for post-secondary success.
- All students can learn and are unique learners;
- Education is a shared responsibility of the student, home, school and community;
- The district should have well-maintained facilities that promote safe and structured learning environments;
- All decisions should be driven by accurate and relevant data;
- College and career readiness activities prepare students for the future workforce;
- Co- and extra-curricular activities are an integral part of a student’s educational experience;
- Readily accessible technology resources improve teaching and learning;
- The system should employ and retain qualified personnel who demonstrate a high degree of professionalism;
- Job embedded professional learning results in improved instruction and increased student achievement;
- Prompt and regular attendance by all leads to improved performance;
- Effective and open communication is essential for the achievement of educational goals.